Fire and Smoke Cleanup and Remediation
MONMOUTH COUNTY AREA SMOKE AND SOOT CLEANUP
Have you experienced a loss due to a fire in Your Monmouth County area Home?
CALL SERVPRO OF ABERDEEN/HOLMDEL 24/7 at 732-290-3170
Smoke and soot are very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. We are experienced in assessing and inspecting the extent of smoke or soot damage and our expertise allows us to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPROof ABERDEEN/HOLMDEL will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke– Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke– Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue– Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call SERVPRO of ABERDEEN/HOLMDEL at 732-290-3170