What Are the Most Common Signs of Mold?
No one wants not see signs of mold in their home Not only is it unsightly and smelly, it’s dangerous to your home and health. Mold exposure symptoms can go unnoticed without some basic knowledge and it all starts with understanding how and why it grows.
How to Know if You Have Mold Exposure Symptoms?
Microscopic mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture and can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold exposure symptoms including Mold allergy symptoms and signs include wheezing, rash, watery eyes, runny nose, itchy eyes, coughing and redness of the eyes.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Aberdeen/Holmdel can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment and expertise to remediate your mold infestation. If you suspect signs of mold, call us today at (732) 290-3170.