Flooding & Fire Restoration: Reasons To Hire A Company
A lot of people may be stressed about home restoration after flooding or a fire, but even if you are faced with a bad insurance policy or don't know who to hire, don't do this job yourself! Fire restoration and handling water in basement or other areas of the home is not a job for the everyday person for a variety of reasons.
- You're not a professional and most likely, don't quite know what you're looking for…and Dr. Google can't give you that expertise in a few Google searches
- You won't have the right equipment and could expose yourself to more toxins and smoke that you don't need to because of that fact
- The difference between the amount of time it will take you to restore your house vs. how long it will take a restoration company is huge
- You won't remove everything you need to, simply put
Let's dive into some of the issues that a home restoration company can manage and spot that you can't do on your own, when dealing with water and fire damaged homes:
Here's How Restoration Companies Help With Water & Fire Damaged Homes
Water in basement? Mold all over? Intense fire damage? Restoration companies are a worthwhile investment for your own health and the value of your home. Here's why:
- Water Problems
You probably can't even see the real water damage.
You can remove floodwater, but all the mold, fungus and microbes in the floodwater can grow in wet and moist locations. You may not see it happening right away, but they cause severe illnesses. Over time, you and your family could start to get sick. There is no price too high for your health. A restoration company has the experience and equipment to get rid of these invisible invaders that cause so much havoc on your home and health. And trust us: many individuals have spent countless hours researching mold inspection near me because of health symptoms like allergies and breathing issues. Don't let this happen to you and your loved ones.
- Fire Damage
While fire will create clearly marked areas of damage, fire also can create more "invisible issues" that the everyday person won't be able to discern. Usually, this is damage from the smoke. You may have areas of your house that look fine but have intense smoke damage. Only a professional would be able to tell.
And, let's not forget the smell of fire. Smoke is not an easy smell to remove, which is why you should step back and let the professionals handle it.
So, hopefully you realize how valuable a restoration company can be for you. And before you start to look into fire damage or mold inspection near me, consider the following factors when picking a company to entrust with your home:
- A restoration business should get back to you within an hour of your call, no matter when you call. Their business is helping people with emergencies and disasters.
- Research their services ahead of time to be sure they can do everything you need first. Plus, a reputable company will offer everything from clean up to restoration.
- Are they insured? Make sure they have liability insurance just in case something happens while the company is on the job.
- Read reviews—see what others have had to say about them.
Going through a flood or fire is stressful, but things will get better. The first step is finding a great restoration company that will put your home back together so you can be secure again, and avoid unwanted health hazards like mold and smoke.